Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Decemberists - We Both Go Down Together

Meet me on my vast veranda
My sweet untouched Miranda

The Decemberists are now the second artist to appear twice on this blog (Radiohead was the first). I tried for a while to not repeat artists but I realized that most music blogs repeat artists several times. Given the nature of mine I thought it would be nice if I didn't but some artists have way too many great songs.

I have been obsessed with "We Both Go Down Together" for quite some time now but found that I've been revisiting it a lot lately. It's one of those extremely well rounded songs. The music, vocals and lyrics are all great. The music is rather upbeat for what the song is actually about, but the strings in the background provide a more somber touch. It has a very orchestrated feel to it that both lifts you and brings you back down. I might be alone in this but I seriously get goosebumps almost every time I listen to it. I especially love the part about 2 minutes into the song where the music strips down to just drums and guitar and then builds back up.

Favourite Part: The lyrics. As I mentioned, I definitely feel this is a well rounded song and I absolutely love the music, but I always find that I'm lost in the story Meloy sings about.

For something a little more "fresh," click here to listen to the first single off the Decemberist's next album, The Hazards of Love, due to release March 24.





On a more "administrative" note for lack of better words, I have decided to reduce my posts to 5 days a week instead of the usual 7. I know this conflicts with the "daily" aspect and I probably should have thought of this before I came up with that title. Then again I probably did but had more time on my hands then. Always think ahead people! Anyway, I hope this doesn't deter you from visiting often. I'll be posting Mondays through Fridays and hopefully use the weekends to at least determine which songs I'm going to post. Feel free to leave me nasty comments if you think this is a bad idea. Otherwise, thank you for understanding. Good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment