Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Beastie Boys - The Gala Event

The Beastie Boys have been around for a long time now, but not much has been heard from or by them in a while it would seem. Frankly, I can't recall any singles after the release of "Intergalactic," but my memory isn't the greatest. Despite the fact that they're not stomping the scene, the old school rappers are still making music and released an instrumental LP in 2007 titled The Mix-Up.

When I was handed this album during the Summer of '07 I was sort of caught off guard and confused because I had no idea it was even released. I was reluctant to listen to it but when I finally did I was genuinely impressed and found that I really enjoyed it. Apparently, these guys are pretty talented!

The album itself still contains obvious influences of hip hop mixed with soul/jazz and even some funk. It was sort of difficult picking just one song because it's one of those albums that you need to just pop in and listen to straight through. Nevertheless, I went with "The Gala Event."

Favorite Part: I love how all the elements flow so seamlessly together. And that goes more or less the same for all the songs on this album. The production is simply impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment