Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sandpeople - Lose It

But hip hop's more than a buck
It's an art form that I love

I'll admit I'm slightly confused as to who exactly comprises Sandpeople. According to the one and only bio I found on them, it appears as though they are a collection or "crew." So something like Wu-Tang perhaps. What I do know is that they are from the Pacific Northwest and talented rappers that continue to rhyme despite their empty wallets. And that's pretty much what "Lose It" is all about.

I always enjoyed discovering or simply knowing what song is being sampled in a hip hop track. For those who aren't familiar with John Lennon's solo work, the high pitched voice singing, "I began to lose control" is a Lennon sample from his song "Jealous Guy."

Favourite Part: The synergy between the rappers. It's always annoying when you have more than one rapper in the song but only one of them is actually good and the rest feel like they don't belong.





No comments:

Post a Comment