Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Atmosphere - Me

You dont need to know what's wrong with me
Unless you think you're going to come home with me

Atmosphere is a hip hop group comprised of Slug (MC) and Ant (producer). Atmosphere is also the first, at the time, underground rapper I got into. By the time senior year of high school hit (that would be 2003 for me), he was beginning to gain more fame--particularly in the non-hip hop crowd. Atmosphere was dubbed "emo rap," probably due to the fact that a lot of his songs were centered around his parents divorce and a girl named "Lucy." In other words, he wasn't rappin about bitches & hoes, cars and weed.

Since 2005, Atmosphere has been releasing several EPs online including their "party mix," Strictly Leakage. This year, they released their 5th full-length album--When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold. The album includes back-up vocals by Tom Waits and Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio. The song I chose, titled "
Me," is a reflective song about the insecurities Slug has developed after an early divorce followed by "one co-dependent from the next."

No comments:

Post a Comment