Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Black Keys - The Flame

Takin all this pain, and you know we can't regain
The flame

The Black Keys are a two man show hailing from Akron, OH. Although they are often labeled "indie," Patrick Carney and Dan Auerbach are nothing but pure rock. Their songs are stripped down drums and guitar with heavy blues and soul influences. I instantly fell in love with their 4th album--Magic Potion. It's a solid listen all the way through, leaving you wishing you could rock as hard as them (unless you already can).

One of my favorite tracks off the album is "The Flame." But since I love this album so much I thought I'd link you to two more tracks I absolutely love--"Your Touch" and "Strange Desire." If you are at all a fan of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and all the other classic rockers then you should definitely check out this album.

Their 2008 follow-up, Attack & Release, produced by Danger Mouse is also recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment