Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Iron & Wine - Evening on the Ground

We were born to fuck each other
One way or another

Sam Beam, better known as
Iron & Wine, is a grizzly looking man from Florida. He's probably one of the first "folk rock" artists I got into. His music is filled with acoustic guitars, violins, banjos, piano and all sorts of cool instruments. Before he became a full-time musician, Sam was a professor of film & cinematography at University of Miami. He's probably best known for his cover of "Such Great Heights" which was on the Garden State soundtrack and this commercial.

"
Evening on the Ground" is off the Woman King EP released in 2005. On another note, the first single off his last album, "Boy With A Coin," has a kick ass video.

No comments:

Post a Comment