Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Calexico - Man Made Lake

I'm gonna walk these streets of cold concrete
Like I'm a ghost searching for its grave

I first heard of Calexico back when I got into Iron & Wine which was several years ago. They were on tour together but I never bothered checking them out until they released their 8th album last month--Carried to Dust. It took me a while, yes, but upon hearing this album I was definitely impressed and am eager to check out their entire discography (right after I listen to the other 100s of albums on my list). The song that stuck out the most during the first listen of this album was "Man Made Lake." The music is very haunting, especially when the eerie shrieking electric guitar kicks in. This album and song also makes me feel that I'm listening to a soundtrack to a film by Sergio Leone. This is no coincidence, considering their biography states that one of their influences is Ennio Morricone--a famous film composer for Sergio Leone.

It all comes full circle in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment