Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Greg Laswell - Days Go On

My days go on and on
Without you here, without you here

Current location: Arizona

Road trip album of choice: Three Flights from Alto Nido by Greg Laswell

Favourite song on album: "Days Go On"

I first was turned on to Greg Laswell because of his appearance on last year's Hotel Cafe Tour bill. Greg is somewhat of a resident musician at Hotel Cafe now, which is a relatively small venue in LA and, incidentally, not a hotel. I didn't actually go to the show but was able to see him for a free performance outside the Fresh & Easy grocery store in Hollywood. Here is where I witnessed, for the first time ever, an artist actually forget the lyrics to his own song (several times). He couldn't remember the opening line and had to restart the song. That might not be the best bit of information to share with someone potentially listening to him for the first time, but I assure you it doesn't reflect anything on his actual music. Just goes to show you that musicians are human too. In person, Greg is shy, but friendly once you approach him. Also, I think he must have a thing for grocery stores.

2 comments:

  1. seriously, most random thing to talk about in a review about a musician! LOL I have no idea why u picked him from this :p still interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well I really like the song and it seemed only appropriate that I post a Greg Laswell song since Alek insists that we listen to the album 24095823 times this weekend.

    ReplyDelete