Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bright Eyes - No One Would Riot For Less

Little soldier, little insect
You know war, it has no heart

Is it pretentious, daring, or even incorrect to say that Conor Oberst, better known as
Bright Eyes, is like a younger Bob Dylan? I mean it in the sense that, neither has an amazing voice but make up for it with amazing lyrics. Even their musical styles are similar--to a certain degree. And hey, "No One Would Riot For Less" actually takes a stab at war! I absolutely love this song. It's beautiful. I actually love his voice in it and the echoing background vocals and the way the song builds at the end. As always, the lyrics are good too: about lovers during the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment