Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Modest Mouse - Parting of the Sensory

Some day you will die somehow
And something's going to steal your carbon

"
Parting of the Sensory" is definitely my favorite track off of Modest Mouse's We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. It's a little more raw than some of the other tracks but still contains all the musical elements that make them so good. Formed in '93 in "The Shed" (practice space next to Brock's mother's trailer) in Issaquah, WA, they've come a long way for an "indie" band. Their 6th album, Good News for People Who Love Bad News had a top 40 hit and was well received by a large audience. Their latest album reached #1 on US Billboard 200 charts and features the Smith's former guitarist, Johnny Marr, who also toured with them as a member of the band.

Earlier this year Brock told Rolling Stone magazine that Modest Mouse will be releasing an EP of polished unreleased tracks from their last two LPs. He also mentioned that he's been going fishing with the Shin's lead singer. Fast forward 9 months: the front-men are proud father's of a new baby boy! Just kidding. Billboard magazine released rumours of a possible Modest Mouse/Built to Spill/Love As Laughter album covering each other's songs. Whether or not this is actually true is uncertain but fans should keep their fingers crossed.

Check out
live performances of four of their songs on AOL Live Sessions (as if you couldn't just YouTube them).

No comments:

Post a Comment