Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rilo Kiley - Does He Love You?

And he loves you, even though you
Used to say you were flawed if you weren't free

Despite all the individual projects the band members of
Rilo Kiley have, they have released four albums thus far. Lead singer Jenny Lewis can be heard on the Postal Service's Give Up, in addition to releasing two solo LPs. Prior to her music career, Jenny was a child actor. However, band mate and guitarist Blake Sennett was as well. Anyone remember the show Salute Your Shorts on Nickelodeon? Or how about Boy Meets World? Blake was an actor on both of these. Now, when he's not playing with Rilo Kiley, he joins their drummer Jason Boesel to play in The Elected. Boesel has also toured as the drummer for Bright Eyes.

In
"Does He Love You?" off their third LP, More Adventurous Jenny sings to a friend telling her about an affair she's having. In the end, we find out that the man she's having an affair with is her friend's husband. But she reassures her friend that despite all the letters he writes to her and promises he makes about leaving her, he won't; singing, "Your husband will never leave you//He will never leave you for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment