Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Cat Power - The Greatest

Once I wanted to be
The greatest

Chan Marshall, known as
Cat Power, is one sexy bitch with an even sexier voice. After dropping out of high school, Chan moved from to the South to the Big Apple and began performing in various clubs. It was while doing so that she met Steve Shelley, the drummer from Sonic Youth, who agreed to be part of her back up band. It is obvious when listening to her that she grew up in the South, possibly listening to soul music.

"The Greatest" is a perfect example of just how soulful Chan can be. Filled with a beautiful piano melody, violins, and echoes of Chan's own voice, the song is reminiscent and filled with regret.


Chan is also known for her cover songs. This year she released her second LP filled with them titled Jukebox. Check out her live cover of Gnarls Barkley's "
Crazy."

No comments:

Post a Comment