Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Hustler for Death
No Heaven for a gangster


Lupe Fiasco is the definition of cool and an extremely refreshing addition to the hip hop scene. It's rare for a rapper to have commercial success and still produce quality music with meaningful lyrics. Not only that, but he's an amazing performer. If you ever have the chance to see him live, I highly recommend it. The man is a rock star and has endless energy. I got to see him for the fourth time last night at Club Nokia's first ever show in Downtown L.A. and, as always, it was a blast.


"
The Cool," also the name of his second LP, is off his debut album--Food and Liquor. In it, Lupe tells the story about a former drug dealer who comes back from the dead only to return to the scene where he was shot. The song is about the dangers of "chasing the cool," a recurring theme in Lupe's songs.


With two great albums under his belt, Lupe aims to release his third and final album next year titled L.U.P.End. Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a comeback.


No comments:

Post a Comment