Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Parson Red Heads - Days of My Youth

The days of my youth
I miss so dear

My favourite part of "
Days of My Youth" is the elements of psychedelic folk. The Parson Red Heads, originally from Oregon, made their debut in Los Angeles with residencies at the Silver Lake Lounge and the Echo. The band includes family members and, yes, two red heads (represent!). They dress all in white on stage; a bit cult-ish, but I'm sure they're harmless.

With only one album under their belt (King Giraffe), not much is known about them. Or at least, I don't know much about them, except that they sound like they were born in the wrong decade. However, they released an EP earlier this year to be followed by an LP sometime soon! So ch-ch-check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment