Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Captain My Captain - Big Vans and Aeroplanes

Why don't we get the hell out of this town
We could take the train or an aeroplane

The current members of
Oh Captain My Captain formed in 2007, but originally started in 1998 by Jesse Bettis (vocals/guitar) and Josh Spacek (guitar) in Portland, Oregon. "Big Vans and Aeroplanes" is off their debut LP, Recklessly She Split the Sea, released earlier this year. The album was recorded at Miracle Lake Studios in Camas, Washington. Other than that, I can't really tell you much about them cause they're relatively new to the music scene. Or at least the one that's published/reviewed on the Internets. Oh and obviously their name comes from Walt Whitman's poem by the same name.

Instead of bothering trying to describe what the song sounds like or fitting them into some genre, I'll let you judge for yourself. Particularly since they're "fresh meat" and haven't been ripped apart/praised/categorized/etc. by the blogosphere--yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment