Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes

I left my home to disappear is all
I'm here for myself, not to know you

As the end of the year approaches, music bloggers race to post their top ranked albums/tracks. For those who have been following any of these, you'll notice
Santogold is splashed across the lists. She's definitely struck a chord with a lot of listeners this year with her self-titled debut album. Not to mention all the remixes and songs she's appeared on (i.e. "Gifted" featuring Lykke Li and Kanye West or "Get It Up" with M.I.A.). It's easy to think of her as an M.I.A. knock off but she's far from it. She's more a mix of M.I.A., Gwen Stefani, Janelle MonĂ¡e and Nelly Furtado, but with her own touch of course.

Santogold is comprised of Santi White and, usually, former band-mate John Hill. The two were originally part of a ska-punk band known as Stiffed. After some trouble with labels and finding the right producers, their first LP (originally titled Creator) was ready to be released in January 2008. However, the CD didn't hit shelves until April. By then, their first single "Creator" was already getting a lot of attention. "
L.E.S. Artistes" is probably what really put her on the map this year though. Check out the awesome video as well.

Favourite Part: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs meets Tegan & Sara like beat.

For those who haven't noticed, I'd like to point out a somewhat new feature to my blog. After each entry you'll find a "Reactions" section where you can vote on how you felt about that days post. It's right after the list of tags. So, uh .. rock the vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment