Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sia - Breathe Me

I am small and needy
Warm me up and breathe me

The Australian born Sia began her career as a jazz singer for Crisp. After leaving the band and heading for London, she became a backup singer for Jamiroquai. Remember him? Soon she was in high demand to work with such artists as Massive Attack and Zero 7, but it wasn't until 2002 when she released her debut album--Healing is Difficult.

"Breathe Me" from her second LP, Colour the Small One, garnered more attention for her after it's use in the series finale for Six Feet Under. I realize I've been posting a lot of "old" songs lately, but I couldn't help but post this one. I love the piano and the sound of her voice. I also love how she sighs heavily right before singing to show just how vulnerable and needy she is.

Favourite Part: 3:07--The music calms down only to return full force a couple seconds later.

Sia released her fourth studio album this year. Check out the video for "Soon We'll Be Found." I like the extensive use of hands. Tune in tomorrow for something a little more "fresh."

No comments:

Post a Comment