Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Andrew Bird - Effigy

So when you come to burn my effigy
You should keep the flies away


Andrew Bird released his 5th LP today titled
Noble Beast. A limited Deluxe Edition of the album includes a second disc, titled Useless Creatures, with instrumental tracks. For those who don't know him, Bird is a singer/songwriter and trained violinist from Chicago. He attended Wesleyan University but eventually graduated from Illinois' Northwestern University with a degree in violin performance. He also plays guitar, mandolin, glockenspiel and is pretty proficient in whistling. Makes for an interesting listen. "Effigy" stood out to me the most when I first listened to Noble Beast.

Favourite Part: It might be overkill for me to say that I love the violin cause I think it's apparent to anyone who reads this blog fairly frequently that I'm a sucker for violins. And as much as I do love the violin at the beginning, I would have to say that I love the entire intro to this song. I do love Birds voice and the remainder of the song, but I always find myself mesmerized by the intro.

You can stream the entire album here.


No comments:

Post a Comment