Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gangi - Waiting on the Line

A puppet hanging
Waiting on the line

Gangi
is a Los Angeles based duo who released their debut album, A, in Spring of 2008. Their music contains influences of psychedelic/garage rock mixed with some electronic genres. "Waiting on the Line" is a hard hitting rock track. You're either going to like or hate Matt Gangi's nasally vocals. I didn't say love or hate cause I can't imagine too many people loving his voice, but please feel free to prove me wrong. I had to listen to this song several times to fully absorb it cause it hits you with a force and you feel like you're caught in a whirlwind of noise. But not the kind you'll find on a Mars Volta album. There is definitely more of a structure to Gangi's music and not as much experimentation and "ambient" noise.

Favourite Part: Pretty much every part that doesn't contain vocals. I think I'm somewhere inbetween like and hate. I can definitely tolerate the vocals but I haven't reached the point where I can say without a doubt that I don't mind them.

As mentioned in Monday's post, Gangi will be performing at USC's Ground Zero this Saturday for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment