Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Eddie Vedder - Society

You think you have to want more than you need
Until you have it all you won't be free

Let me start off by saying that I hope you've seen Into the Wild. If you have, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. If not, then watch it!! And don't worry, there aren't any spoilers in this entry. I fucking hate spoilers!! Moving on ...

The Into the Wild OST is one of my favourite soundtracks. I like every single song on it and the bare acoustic guitar and vocals by Eddie Vedder, who wrote all the songs save for two covers, is a perfect match for the movie. What I love about "Society" is that you don't need to hear it in the context of the movie to fully understand it. Sure, it might make more sense and be extremely relevant to the movie and the life of Chris McCandless, but it's great as a stand-alone track as well.

Favourite Part: Vedder's vocals. I mean, I love everything about this song but his voice just makes this song so much more emotional and I think he sounds beautiful.



Society - Eddie Vedder

No comments:

Post a Comment