Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Travis - The Humpty Dumpty Love Song

All of the kings horses & all of the kings men
Couldn't pull my heart back together again

So this is going to be a bit of a cop-out of an entry due to the fact that I had a busy day and was out for the most of it. It is now nearing midnight and I just want to knock out. So here goes ...

"The Humpty Dumpty Love Song " by Travis is not a joke. I know the title is odd but it's a cute song. Seriously. Instead of an egg it's about someone's heart. Lead singer Fran Healy wears his heart on his sleeve in this song off their 3rd LP--The Invisible Band. I was actually surprised to discover that the group of four from Glasgow have 6 albums to their discography. Unfortunately I have no clue if they're any good. I just like this song and a handful of others.

Favourite Part: The chorus and the string arrangement in the background.


I also just remembered this great live cover of Britney's "Baby One More Time." Check it out:



Hm. That wasn't so bad after all. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment