Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Jack Johnson - The News

A billion people died on the news tonight
But not so many cried at the terrible sight

Am I the only one that feels they can't listen to Jack Johnson unless it's sunny outside? Or a warm day? I'm sure many people listen to him rain or shine, but his music is so bubbly and warm that I never consider listening to him on a cold day. Interestingly he's made quite the name for himself for writing such simple songs.

"
The News" is an example of one of these simple songs. Also an example of how he can put you to sleep with his singing. I don't mean that in a bad way though. He just has an extremely soothing voice. But I'd like to take a moment and point out how I find it really odd that he sings "the unobtrusive tones" in two different songs from the same album--Brushfire Fairytales. Did he think I wouldn't notice!? Anyway, I've always really liked "The News." I always felt the quiet guitar and vocals were a perfect combination for such a sad song.

Favourite Part: How the song sounds like a lullaby. If it wasn't for the lyrics I might not find this aspect so great, but I can just picture him as a boy with his head on his mom's lap while she sings him to sleep and the TV flashes with the news. It makes for an interesting listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment