Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ugly Casanova - Barnacles

I don't know me and you don't know you
So we fit so good together

Ugly Casanova is Issac Brock's of Modest Mouse side project. Legend has it that Brock was inspired by a Modest Mouse fan named Edgar Graham who followed the band around on tour, writing lyrics in a journal and recording songs. He then disappeared but his music lives on in Brock's recordings that are supposedly based on Graham's journal/recordings. Graham went by the name "Ugly Casanova."

Only one album was ever released under this moniker and that was in 2002--titled Sharpen Your Teeth. "Barnacles " was a track that was requested by someone during one of my shows while DJ-ing at KSCR. I was always worried that someone would request a song and it would turn out to be garbage and I wish I'd never played it. But I really liked this song and decided to listen to the rest of the album. If you like Modest Mouse, I can't imagine why you wouldn't like Ugly Casanova.


No comments:

Post a Comment