Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Music for Animals - Rice Fields

Did you have to take an American name
That you read in a caption of a fashion magazine

So I'm slightly confused. When I set out to recommend the political "
Rice Fields," I was basing it on the version I have. But when I set out to find a link for you to actually hear the song the version I found was completely different. Where as the one I have is entirely acoustic, the one I found isn't.

Instead, the song starts off with mellow drums and is slowly met by an electric guitar that only creeps in at first. It's hard to say right now, but I think I definitely dig this version more. It definitely shows some sort of maturity or evolution in
Music for Animals' songs. I'm guessing the copy of the album I have wasn't "official" and that they re-recorded some of the tracks and then released it. I wish you could compare for yourselves but this new and improved version will do. Hope you like it!

The band of four formed in San Francisco and have decided to take their career into their own hands by utilizing the current technological resources available to musicians for self promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment