Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Radiohead - All I Need

I'm an animal
Trapped in your hot car

You know that feeling when you're in love like you want to just stand on top of a mountain and yell for all the world to hear and know? That's how I feel about Radiohead. There is just this indescribable feeling I get when listening to them. The only thing I can associate it with is being in love, which is weird--maybe? [shrugs] And this is why Radiohead is officially the first artist to appear TWICE on this blog! (See: first)

"All I Need" is absolutely and totally eargasmic. Every second of it is pure ecstasy to me and I only love them even more when I listen to it. I am truly In Rainbows. The lyrics are one of my favourite parts about the song. Thom Yorke begins the song describing a desperate seemingly unrequited love for another. But then he sings, "I only stick with you because there are no others." This makes the listener wonder if he really is in love. To me, it only further shows the desperation and "need" he has for the beloved.

Favourite Part: When the piano enters and the drums pick up. Ah ... bliss.



Radiohead used this song for a music video on MTV aimed at rasing awareness on human exploitation and trafficking. Maybe not what you had in mind for this song, but check it out anyway:

No comments:

Post a Comment