Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brother Ali - Freedom Aint Free

So I use blood and sweat to butter my bread
Cause this cold world couldn't give a fuck if I'm fed

Brother Ali is an albino rapper. But don't let the light skin fool you, he's a very talented MC. A devout Muslim, Ali was discovered in 2000 by the Rhymesayers Crew who took him along to Scribble Jam where Ali became a finalist. His debut album, Shadows on the Sun, was released 3 years later and produced by Atmosphere's Ant. His music is raw and honest. He raps about being albino, Muslim, & dealing with his divorce and battle for custody of his son among other life struggles.

"Freedom Aint Free" is a reggae influenced track where Ali slows down his flow and speaks from the heart. Not all his songs are so serious though. You'll find a good mix of upbeat songs as well and even a few "silly" tracks. Regardless though, he is lyrically gifted and one of the best rappers of our generation.


No comments:

Post a Comment