Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Monday, March 2, 2009

The Lonely Island - Boombox

Your preconceived notions were shattered
By these super old white people dancing

I don't typically care for comedy albums. I was never a fan of Tenacious D, although I like Jack Black, and can only take so much of Circus. What's that you say? Britney's album wasn't meant to be comedy? Hm ... could've fooled me. No, but seriously, The Lonely Island not only makes me laugh a lot but I find that I seriously dig the production on their debut--Incredibad. An odd title considering how good it actually is and how much people across the board seem to really like it, but the closing track creates a rather humorous story behind the name.

"Boombox," featuring Julian Casablancas (love that name) of The Strokes, is one of the better songs on the album both lyrically and musically. The song is about the power a boombox has over a bunch of old white people. I really don't want to say more than that cause I'd prefer you just listened to the lyrics yourself.

Favorite Part: Julian's contribution to the chorus.



2 comments:

  1. The lyrics you quoted sure as hell sounds like a Tonedeff lyric from "Archetype".

    "The preconceived notions get shattered/
    Fuck mainstream and underground, 'is this shit any good?' is what matters./"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's funny. I've heard that song but totally missed that. I wouldn't be surprised if they borrow a lot from other people considering they're actors first and "rappers" (or whatever you want to call them) second.

    ReplyDelete