Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Damien Rice - Coconut Skins

You can lie between her legs and go lookin' for
Tell her your searchin' for her soul

Today, I present to you, none other than, my husband--
Damien Rice. He's Irish, plays the guitar and piano, sings beautifully and has amazing lyrics. I almost want to just stop right there and simply request you seriously take the time to listen to him but that would be a cop out. So I'll ramble on some more!

He began his music career in the '90s in an indie band called Juniper. After having some problems with the label they were signed to, Rice decided to go solo. His first single was "
The Blower's Daughter" (always a funny & odd track title), which I heard in the movie Closer. Ever since, he's been a popular choice for movies or television shows. He's even given special thanks during the credits to the Irish musical Once, which, incidentally, feels like your watching a movie based on a Damien Rice album.

"
Coconut Skins" is off his sophomore record, 9 and is a happy little tune with, well, not so happy lyrics! Although, there is a glimmer of hope in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment