Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fleet Foxes - Blue Ridge Mountains

Let's drive to the country side
Leave behind some green-eyed lookalikes

The Fleet Foxes songs seem to echo of olden times and conjure images of, well, mountains. And I'm not just saying that cause the recommended track has the word mountains in it. But their songs have an earthy kind of tone to them. It could be the lyrics, it could be their "baroque harmonic pop" style of music as they themselves like to describe it. Whatever it is, this group of five from Seattle make the kind of music you'd want to listen to while sittin' on your porch in the "quiverin' forest."

Although Pecknold does most of the singing, there is no official lead singer in the band. The vocals throughout the album sound like an instrument and blend in perfect harmony with the music. They released their self-titled debut album this year, fusing elements of folk rock, classic rock and pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment