Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Dodos - Horny Hippies

Because I spend all this time all locked up inside
It's the only place I know how to bare

The Dodos are masters of writing folk rock songs using drums and a guitar. Logan Kroeber has a penchant for experimental drumming while Meri Long can fingerpick his acoustic like it's the battle from Deliverance. Live, they play with a force that many four-piece rock bands can't. "Horny Hippies" was an obsession of mine when I first heard it earlier this year, but I highly recommend you check out the remainder of their first album--Beware of the Maniacs. They also released their sophomore album, Visiter, this year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a free concert to attend at USC featuring
The Knux and Common! [:

4 comments: