Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Yeasayer - Sunrise

Put the world upon your shoulder
I'll stay young while I watch everyone getting older

I didnt realize this until after I picked this song, but "Sunrise" would be pretty sweet track to play at a Halloween party. Mostly for its ghostly intro. The opening track for Yeasayer's debut album released in October of 2007, has been gaining a lot of attention from music blogs so I didn't want to feel left out. Of course, not as much as their single "2080." I do genuinely love this track though. The song has a lot going on in it with it's gospel choir-like intro to hand claps to music that contains influences from the East. But then again, a lot of their songs seem to be influenced from far off places.

When asked why the album was titled All Hour Cymbals, guitarist Anand Wilder said:

Chris and I were really tired of rock bands playing crash cymbals all the time, not cleverly placed, just trying to sound hard but actually just making everything sound muddy and irritating. Cymbals are the bane of my existence on the road. Luke's crash and ride are right next to my left ear on a small club stage. But No More Cymbals seemed a little too negative and preachy, so Chris came up with All Hour Cymbals, which has a nice all-encompassing feel to it-- [it] felt apt for our sprawling debut. Also I liked the idea that it was like a sign in front of a drum shop that was open 24 hours a day.Chris and I were really tired of rock bands playing crash cymbals all the time, not cleverly placed, just trying to sound hard but actually just making everything sound muddy and irritating. Cymbals are the bane of my existence on the road. Luke's crash and ride are right next to my left ear on a small club stage. But No More Cymbals seemed a little too negative and preachy, so Chris came up with All Hour Cymbals, which has a nice all-encompassing feel to it-- [it] felt apt for our sprawling debut. Also I liked the idea that it was like a sign in front of a drum shop that was open 24 hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment