Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

Packin up, shackin up
Is all you want to do

We're kickin' it old school today with a song from the '70s. It always surprises me how much I like Fleetwood Mac. As, I'm sure, many others, I fell in love with their classic album Rumours. It wasn't until they released this album that they received the acclaim they now do. The entire album is almost entirely revolved around the intimate relationships between the band members. What makes it so mind boggling to listen to is the fact that they must all be aware that the songs are written about each other.

This is particularly why I love the song "Go Your Own Way" so much. The song is written by Lindsey Buckingham about vocalist Stevie Nicks, which means Stevie is essentially singing about Lindsey's feelings for her. Yes, Lindsey is male and Stevie is female. Putting aside all the juicy gossip, the songs are actually good. I think Rumours should be the pinnacle of what a pop album should sound like--quality music with lyrics that everyone can understand and relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment