Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rachael Yamagata - Sidedish Friend

There's a back door waiting just for you
If this isn't what you need

"Sidedish Friend" is off of Rachael Yamagata's second album released earlier this month--Elephants ... Teeth Sinking Into Heart. It's a two disc album, with Elephants being the first disc and more like her first album, while Teeth ... has a more rock feel to it reminiscent of PJ Harvey. The album also features Ray LaMontagne on a track appropriately titled "Duet."

After her parents divorce at the age of two, Rachael, born to a German-Italian mother and third-generation Japanese father, was tossed back and forth between her parents. After originally pursuing a degree in French at Northwestern University, Rachael decided to move to New York to study Italian theatre. She eventually returned to the theatre program in Northwestern where she joined a funk band called Bumpus. After six years and three albums, Rachael decided to leave the band and launch her solo career.

No comments:

Post a Comment