Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nas - Black President

And though it seems Heaven sent
We aint ready to have a black President

If 2 Pac were alive he'd be glad to see that those words no longer ring true. Then again, it might be too soon to tell. Although this is by no means a politically driven blog, I couldn't help but post this song after the election of Obama. On the one hand, if he wasn't elected there are at least a handful of other Nas songs I could recommend. Luckily, I actually like "Black President" and think its one of the better ones off his recently released self-titled album. It sure as hell does a better job of sampling Obama's now famous, "Yes we can" than will.i.am's "song." But these two aren't the only one's given shout outs to our new President. Big Boi & Mary J. Blige recently relased a video praising Obama and change for a track titled "Something's Gotta Give."

Special thanks to Joenis Norac for pointing out the appropriateness of today's recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment