Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sufjan Stevens - For the Widows in Paradise ...

I'll do anything for you
I did everything for you

Bloggers everywhere have had a love affair with
Sufjan Stevens for years now. His debut in 2000 established him as a talented multi-instrumentalist, but it was with the release of his 3rd LP that Stevens began to really acquire much acclaim. Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lake State is the first in his "states project" (a series of albums focused on each of the 50 states in the US) and pays tribute to his home state. The most impressive part about this album is Stevens ability to play over 20 instruments. The lengthy titled "For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti" is probably my favourite from the Michigan album.

Favourite Part: The banjo that is the backbone to the song.

When not working on an album, Stevens contributes music to benefit compilations, releases
Christmas albums, is known to be a literary figure and has even written a short film score for Natalie Portman's Eve.



For the Widows in Paradise, For the - Sufjan Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment