Indefinite Hiatus

I am saddened to say that I will have to put my blog on an indefinite hiatus due to the fact that I currently have more than I can handle on my plate. I want to thank everyone that has ever visited this blog. I hope I have pleasured your eardrums.

You may continue to follow me on Twitter, where I will still post song recommendations and links to any other cool music related news/songs/etc. I will also continue to be a guest-blogger on Pretty Much Amazing! The Music Blog.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

N.A.S.A. - Gifted

N.A.S.A. (acronym for North America South America) is a collaborative project between Squeak E. Clean (producer for Show Your Bones) and DJ Zegon. The idea is to gather up an eclectic group of artists and showcase them on original tracks all on the same album at their own will. Thus, we have The Spirit of the Apollo. I never imagined that I'd hear the likes of Karen O and Ol' Dirty Bastard or The Cool Kids and Scarface on the same tracks outside of a Girl Talk album.

"Gifted" has been circulating around the blogosphere for months now and is unfortunately one of the few I can actually find a stream of. I really wanted to write about "Way Down" which features RZA, Barbie Hatch and John Frusciante but had no luck there. Luckily I really like "Gifted" as well. After all, it features Kanye West, Santogold and Lykke Li ... so how bad could it be? If you're interested in a full album review and hearing more from this duo click here.

CORRECTION: After posting this entry I ended up finding a stream of "Way Down." Click here to listen.

Favorite Part: Other than the sweet combination of artists I just love the production on this track. It's definitely one of those "feel good" songs that make you just want to get up and dance ... if dancing is your cup of tea. Otherwise you can still bob your head to it!






No comments:

Post a Comment